Christmas Plum Pudding
From Recidemia English
- Toss the crumbs in a large mixing bowl along with the two types of raisins, currants,sugar and spices.
- Then toss with the melted butter and all remaining ingredients except for the holly, rum/bourbon and zabaione.
- Taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Pack mixture into the container and cover with round of wax paper and lid.
- Set the container on steaming device and add enough water to come up ⅓ up the sides of pudding container.
- Cover kettle tightly bring to a simmer and let steam for 6 hours,checking water level now and then.
- Pudding is done when dark walnut brown in color and fairly firm to touch.
- Let pudding cool and then store in a wine cellar or the fridge.
- At least two hours before serving resteam the pudding.
- Unmold onto a hot flameproof serving platter and decorate with the holly.
- Bring to table along with the warmed booze and pour booze around pudding.
- Ignite and let flame.
- Serve with the zabaione.