Chunky Date, Coconut and Almond Granola
Makes about 6 cups
- 2 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup whole almonds, halved
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup packed pitted dates, each cut crosswise into thirds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- Melt butter with honey in heavy small saucepan over low heat.
- Pour over granola mixture and toss well.
- Spread out mixture on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dates; mix to separate any clumps.
- Continue to bake until granola is golden brown, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes longer.
- Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.