Clam Fritters I
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat egg yolks, milk, ½ cup clam liquid and vegetable oil together until blended.
- Add to sifted ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Stir in rice and green pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour oil to depth of about 4 inches into deep saucepan; heat to 350 degrees on a deep-fat thermometer.
- Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons into hot fat and fry about 5 minutes, allowing about 2½ minutes on each side.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with Devil's Sauce.