- Makes 30 appetizers and about 2¾ cups of filling
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; make well in center.
- Add oil, water and eggs.
- Mix well with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Knead on floured board until smooth.
- Place dough in greased bowl.
- Cover; let stand 1 hour.
- Divide dough in thirds.
- Roll one-third of dough into 10x4-inch rectangle.
- Mound one-third of rice filling along long edge, about 1-inch high.
- Roll like a jelly roll, starting with the long side.
- Pinch ends together to seal; place seam side down on greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until browned.
- Brush with beaten egg white mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water during last 5 minutes of baking time, if desired.
- Slice into 1-inch pieces with sharp knife.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and saute until browned.
- Remove from heat; stir in rice, egg, parsley, black pepper and salt.