Coco Loco Banana Daiquiri Bread
A moist, luscious banana bread with a touch of coconutty Malibu rum and a sprinkling of shredded coconut within! The original recipe is from the Sugar In The Raw website, but I changed it to add the Malibu rum, shredded coconut and allspice. As always, be sure that the bananas are REALLY ripe - the skins almost need to be black - and do not overmix the batter.
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar in the raw raw Sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur
- 3 tablespoons Malibu rum
- 2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 4)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan (not necessary for non-stick).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine raw Sugar and melted butter.
- Add milk, eggs, liquors, and bananas.
- In a separate large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add this to butter-banana mixture.
- Combine until JUST mixed- do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake at least 1 hour (more like 1 hour, 15 to 30 minutes) or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 25 to 30 minutes in pan.