Coconut Cream Soup
- 1 lb veal, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard coconuts (plus water), grated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Place veal and onion in cooking pot and add water to cover; bring to boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain and save stock.
- Blend flour and oil in cooking pot; add veal stock, bay leaf, coconut water, coconut and seasoning.
- Bring to boil and cook 1 hour or until coconut is tender.
- More water may be added if needed; soup should be consistency of a cream soup.
- Add milk and egg yolks but not let boil after this addition.