- Grate the coconut and add 3 cups of water.
- Mix and squeeze to extract the milk. Strain through a sieve. Heat the evaporated and condensed milk.
- Mix 1/4 cup of cornstarch or custard powder to a paste with some cold water.
- Stir into the milk and boil until thick.
- Add the coconut mixture. Keep pouring this back and forth between two containers until cool.
- Strain into freezer tray.
- When mixture is solid for an inch at the edge of the tray, remove from freezer and beat it. Then put back into freezer tray and freeze.