Collard Greens with Almonds
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 lb. collard greens, rinsed and thick stems removed
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. umeboshi vinegar
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
1. In small skillet, toast almonds over medium heat until golden in color, 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.
2. Layer 3 collard leaves. Roll into cylinder and slice crosswise into thin strips. Repeat until all leaves are sliced. In large saucepan fitted with steamer basket, bring 2 inches water to a boil over high heat. Add greens, cover and steam 4 minutes.