Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Crab linguine alfredo made in a similar style to what you can find at Red Lobster.
Note: The Red Lobster recipe uses canned crab meat. I found that I prefer chunk crab meat found in the seafood aisle. Use two small cans of meat or one smaller sized bag of the chunk meat. Use as much parmesan as desired but use at least half a cup. Meal is fine with or without cayenne pepper... season it to taste :)
- 8 ounces linguine
- crab meat — canned or chunks.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup (or more) shredded (or grated) parmesan cheese
- Season with cayenne pepper
- Boil linguine.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Let cook until mixture is sandy but not colored.
- Gradually stir in half-and-half. Do not pour it all at once. Let it thicken.
- Add in as much cheese as desired.
- Add crab meat and simmer until crab is heated.
- If desired, sprinkle in cayenne pepper. Add it very slowly -- a little bit goes a long way!
- Serve with linguine and enjoy :)