Cranberry Fudge From Light & Tasty
SERVINGS 81 CATEGORY Low Fat METHOD Chill PREP 5 min. COOK 15 min. TOTAL 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and corn syrup. Cook
and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until thickened and glossy, about 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; discard foil.
- Cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1-1/3 pounds (81 pieces).
NUTRITIONAL INFO Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Groupp" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/s