Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound (2½ cups) peeled cooked crawfish tails
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 x 4½-ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- Cook onion, green pepper and jalapeno pepper in butter over medium-high heat in large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Stir in butter, crawfish, rice, mushrooms, red pepper, broth and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
[[Category: Tomato sauce Recipes]]