Cream Cabbage with Bacon
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup finely diced, cooked country ham
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced, fresh ginger root
- 7 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, layer in order: bacon, ham, onion,ginger, and cabbage.
- Pour cream over all.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is soft and liquid is reduced to a thick sauce.