Cream Cheese Wontons
Cream Cheese Wontons from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Serves: 16-24
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or pour into a deep skillet on high temperature.
- Vegetable oil or peanut oil works best.
- While oil is heating, lay out as many wrappers as you plan to use.
- Have a small bowl of water nearby to wet your fingers in.
- Put a small dab of cream cheese in one corner of each wrapper, about ½” from the edges.
- Use about 2 tsp. for egg roll wrappers or 1 tsp. for wonton wrappers.
- Using your fingers, wet the two edges nearest the cream cheese, then fold the other half down and seal the edges, making a triangle shape.
- Seal the edges tightly, but try to leave small gaps at the corners so the triangles will not expand so much that they burst.
- Drop several wontons into oil at a time.
- Turn over when the edges start to brown and cook for another minute or two.
- Set on paper towels to drain, then serve hot with sweet-and-sour sauce.