Crock Pot Bean Soup
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come into the Kitchen
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound dry white beans
- 2 quarts water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ham hock or ham bone, or ¼ pound diced salt pork
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Soak beans in water overnight and drain.
- If salt pork is used, sauté it in a skillet until browned, adding onion and garlic during the last few minutes, or sautéing onion and garlic in oil.
- Add to crock cooker along with beans, water and all other ingredients except vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low setting 10 to 12 hours.
- At serving time, stir in vinegar, mash beans slightly and add salt and pepper to taste.