Crockpot Creamy Beef and Spinach over Noodles
This one dish meal pairs nicely with a fruit salad and yeast rolls.
- source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Prep: 9 minutes | Cook: 4 hr
- Makes 4 – 6 servings
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can low-sodium, fat-free beef broth
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-oz) container sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 (8 oz) block Monterey jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- hot cooked egg noodles
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Combine beef mixture, spinach, broth, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 4-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- Serve over egg noodles.