Crunchy Tuna Rice Salad
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1 12-ounce can water packed Tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium-size green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped jicama*
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Whole pita bread rounds, halved
- Shredded lettuce
Combine rice, Tuna, carrots, bell pepper, jicama, and Onion in large bowl. Add yogurt, lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Toss to combine ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour. Serve in pita bread with lettuce.