Cuban-style Roast Suckling Pig
- juice of 20 limes, strained
- juice of 8 oranges, strained
- 4 large heads garlic
- 1 cup minced fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 cups roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1 whole suckling pig (12 to 15 pounds), split and washed
- Place pig, belly down, into a large deep roasting pan.
- Thoroughly rub pig with marinade.
- Place in refrigerator overnight, basting occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Pour off excess marinade from pan.
- Cover pig's ears, snout and tail with aluminum foil.
- Prop mouth open with 1½ inch ball of foil.
- Place in oven and cook for about 4½ hours (20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature reads 160°F.
- Baste with marinade every 30 minutes.
- If pig starts to get too dark while cooking, cover with aluminum foil.