Cucumber Goat Cheese Spread
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gibson Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1981. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 seedless cucumber peeled seeded and chopped fine
- 8 ounces soft mild goat cheese at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor puree ½ cup cucumber with goat cheese, zest and lemon juice until almost smooth.
- In a bowl stir together cucumber mixture, remaining cucumber, dill, 1-tablespoon onion and pepper.
- Sprinkle spread with remaining tablespoon onion.
- Serve spread with toasts or crackers.
- ↑ "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group