Curried Beef Kabobs with Jade Sauce
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff Winner Party Starter category
- Prep: 15 minutes + 10 minutes for sauce | Soak: 30 minutes | Grill: 6 minutes
- Makes 12 servings and ⅔ cup of sauce
- 12 x 6-inch skewers
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1¼ tsp garam masala
- 1¼ tsp roasted garlic and sea salt
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp peppercorn melange
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1½ lb flat iron steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- jade sauce
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs, fresh mint sprigs
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350°F to 400°F (medium high).
- Whisk together peanut oil and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Add steak pieces, and toss to coat.
- Thread beef onto skewers.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 3 minutes each side.
- Place skewers on serving platter, and drizzle with jade sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Process all ingredients in food processor 10 seconds or until thoroughly blended, stopping to scrape sides as needed.