Dairy-free Milk Substitutes
Nut Milk (Almond)
- more suited for desserts.
- 1 cup milk = 1 cup nut milk
- 1 cup milk = 1 cup rice milk (try adding 2-3 tablespoons of extra oil to help offset the water consistency in the dough)
- tends to brown the baked goods more quickly
- 1 cup milk = 1 cup soy milk
- Milk is one of the easiest ingredients to substitute in recipes, however, substitution of another ingredient for milk may cause changes in browning or coloration.
- Adjustment of amount of substitute used may vary depending on thickness of liquid.
- Thinner consistency liquids may need to be reduced and thicker ones increased.