Date Nut Rice Pudding
Makes 8 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rice, milk, 1/4 cup Sugar, butter and salt in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Add dates, 1/2 cup walnuts and vanilla. Turn into 2-quart dish.
- Combine cinnamon with remaining 2 tablespoons Sugar and remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Sprinkle over pudding. Chill.