Delmonico's Deviled Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken, in quarters/pieces
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs, freshly made
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wipe the chicken with a paper towel.
- Mix the= butter, mustard, vinegar, salt and cayenne, and rub the mixture all over the skin side of the chicken.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the crumbs and bake for about 40 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 170°F in the breast meat, 185°F in the dark meat.