Dilled Garbanzo Fondue
For a family or company presentation to serve 6, triple the recipe. Transfer the warmed fondue to a tureen, and serve bowls at the table to ladle out each serving. Arrange a platter of raw vegetables, a platter of steamed tender-crisp vegetables, and a basket of breads to serve at the table.
- Recipe below serves 2
- 1 (16 ounce) (453 gram) can garbanzo beans with the liquid
- 2 large cloves garlic, whole
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 5 ounces (141 grams) (approximately ½ package) firm silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor, and process until coarsely or thoroughly puréed, as desired.
- Transfer to a 2-quart (2 liter) saucepan and warm gently over medium heat.
- Serve with whole-grain bread or pita, raw vegetables, and steamed tender-crisp vegetables.
Vegetable and bread suggestions
- whole wheat pita
- whole wheat English muffins
- rice cakes
- whole wheat bread
- whole rye bread
- multi-grain]] bread
- whole wheat or oat bran bagels
Raw Vegetable Platter
- bell pepper strips using red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers
- tomato wedges
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- jicama sticks
- turnip sticks
- cauliflower and broccoli florets
- daikon radish spears