Dried Fruit Cookies
Purchased from the Van Sickle Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1990. Notation on card indicates this was Mimi's favorite cookie. Dated 1959.
- 1/3-cup peanut oil
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1-1/2 cups mixed dried fruits
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Mix peanut oil to mashed bananas.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Stir in rolled oats, oat bran, chopped mixed dried fruits and chopped nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in tightly closed container in refrigerator.