East-West Salmon Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 16-ounce can fancy mixed Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1 15-1/2 ounce can salmon (drain; reserve liquid)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3-ounce can chow mein noodles
- lettuce leaves
- tomato wedges for garnish (optional )
- Combine rice, Chinese vegetables, flaked salmon, celery, green pepper and Onion in large bowl.
- Blend Mayonnaise, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons salmon liquid and black pepper.
- Pour over salmon mixture; toss lightly. Chill.
- Just before serving, add noodles and toss again.
- Serve on lettuce leaves; garnish with tomato wedges, if desired.