Eggnog Pie in Pecan Crust
- Butter 10 in. Pie plate.
- In medium bowl, combine pecans, sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
- Press firmly into pie plate.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes while preheating oven to 375 °F.
- Bake crust until lightly browned (about 15 - 20 min).
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water and brandy and allow to soften.
- While that soaks, combine egg yolks and sugar in small mixer bowl and mix at high speed with electric mixer until mixture forms ribbons when beaters are lifted.
- Pour into large heavy saucepan and slowly stir in hot milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the spoon (and/or thermometer registers 172 °F).
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in softened gelatin until dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla and rum.
- Pour custard into a medium bowl set into a larger bowl of ice and water and allow to cool, stirring frequently.
- When it begins to set around the edges, remove from ice bath (do not allow to set completely).
- In chilled bowl, beat cream to soft peaks and fold gradually into custard.
- If necessary, refrigerate filling a few minutes until it mounds when spooned.
- Pile filling into crust and refrigerate until set (about an hour).
- In chilled medium bowl, whip cream and confectioners sugar to stiff peaks and pile on top of pie.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and raspberries.