- Hint: to remove foil cups, cut slit in bottom of the cup and peel foil up from bottom.
- Do not peel down from the top edge.
- Makes about 36 truffles.
- Melt chips with shortening in heavy, small saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spoon about ½ tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each of about 36 small foil candy cups.
- With back of spoon, bring some of the chocolate up side of each cup.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt chips with butter and eggnog in heavy, medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Refrigerate until mixture is thick, but soft, about 2 hours.
- Spoon truffle mixture into pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe mixture into chocolate cups.
- Truffles can be refrigerated 2–3 days or frozen several weeks.