- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Eggplant into 1/2" slices.
- Cover Eggplant completely with hot water and let stand 5 minutes. Dry slices.
- Fry in 1/3 c. oil until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in bottom of 9"x13" baking pan.
- Combine next seven ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Sprinkle mixture over the Eggplant.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, green peppers, onions, oil, garlic, and tomato paste and let simmer uncovered about 20 minutes.
- Spread on top of crumb mixture and Eggplant.
- Top with Swiss cheese and the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10–15 minutes. Can be made ahead, refrigerated, and baked when ready to use.