Spanish pastry pie
- 1 pound of yeast pastry or bread dough
- ¾ pound of pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ cup piquillo pimentos, sliced
- 3 onions chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place the sliced pork in a dish with the paprika, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and let it sit for 45 minutes in a cool place.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pork for about 1 minute, removing slices as they are browned.
- Using the same oil, sauté the onions, chopped peppers and remaining garlic until softened.
- Add the prepared tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper and cook until the tomatoes are reduced and the sauce is very thick.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out one half to ¼ inch thickness on a floured board.
- Then line a cake tin with the dough.
- Spread this with half the prepared sauce.
- Arrange the slices of pork loin on top and add a layer of piquillo pimentos above that.
- Slice the boiled eggs and layer above other ingredients.
- Add the remaining sauce.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and cover the pie.
- Crimp the edges together and trim the excess.
- Create a small hole in the center to allow steam to vent.
- Place in a medium hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Brush the top with beaten egg and bake another 15 – 20 minutes.