Ensalada de Cinco de Mayo
Makes 6 servings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced to a paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds well-trimmed Beef top sirloin Steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomato quarters
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- lettuce leaves
- Combine garlic, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; spread over both sides of Steak.
- Place Steak on grid over coals, turning once.
- Grill 14 to 20 minutes or broil 20 to 25 minutes to desired doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Carve Steak into thin slices; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Combine Steak, rice, avocado, tomatoes, and onions in large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper;
- Add to rice mixture and toss. Serve salad on lettuce-lined platter.