Fat-free Banana Muffins
Makes 12 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, mazz
- 1½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 2 large ripe bananas, well mashed
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- Tasty treats, and the recipe can also be used to make quick bread.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 12 (2½-inch) muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, using a fork or wire whisk, beat egg whites lightly.
- Stir in mashed bananas, milk and corn syrup.
- Add flour mixture; stir until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove; cool on wire rack.
- Fat-free banana quick bread: preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 ½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare batter as directed above.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool on wire rack.