Fergesë e Tiranës me Mish Viçi
Tirana fergese with veal
- 1 lb veal cutlets
- ½ lb salted ricotta or cottage cheese or Greek Feta cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ lb (1 stick) butter
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- onion, one medium-sized
- 3 cloves garlic finely choped
- add salt, black pepper, and chili pepper to your taste
- First, cut the veal cutlets into small pieces and then dice the onion.
- In a saucepan, preheat the olive oil and sauté the meat and onion, for 15 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter and then add flour,saute till lightly brown, add ricotta,or cottage or feta cheese, finely choped garlic, and black pepper, salt and chili pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together (adding the sautéed meat and onions) in the saucepan and place in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out and serve immediately.