Fergesë e Tiranës me Piperka/Mish Viç
Tirana fergese with peppers
- ½ lb green or red peppers
- 1 lb red tomatoes
- ½ lb salted cottage cheese or Greek feta cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ lb (1 stick) butter
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- add salt, black pepper, and chili pepper to your taste
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and peppers.
- Sauté them in a saucepan for 5–7 minutes only in the olive oil and then set them aside to cool down for 15 minutes.
- Dice them the way you like.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add flour, cottage or feta cheese, and black pepper, salt and chili pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together and place them in saucepan.
- Put saucepan in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out and serve immediately.