A great burger with a twist!
- 16 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can Healthy Request tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- Sauté the brown meat, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- Mix in the tomato soup, chili seasoning, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
- Then lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon ⅓ of a cup of the meat mixture between each bun and serve!.
Per Serving: 224 calories | 8g fat | 16g protein | 22g carbohydrate | 385mg sodium | 11mg calcium | 2g fiber
- Exchanges: 2 meat | 1½ starch
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/