From Recidemia English
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Cut fish into thick slices, wash and keep aside.
- Cut onions into fairly thick rounds, chop ginger fine and slit green chillies.
- Extract 1/2 cup of first milk from coconut and 2-1/2 cups of second milk. Keep aside.
- Chop tomatoes small, and keep 1/2 cup separately.
- De-seed red chillies and grind till smooth along with garlic and turmeric.
- Grind cashew nuts separately till smooth. Heat oil and put in the Onion rounds and chopped ginger. Sauté till onions are transparent, but do not let them brown.
- Add the green chillies and sauté for a minute more. Then add the tomatoes and the ground ingredients and salt.
- Sauté till the tomatoes begin to turn pulpy. Pour in the second coconut milk and mix in the ground cashew nuts and vinegar.
- Stir till gravy is well blended, check for salt and gently drop in the fish pieces.
- Cover and cook over low flame till fish is done and gravy is thick.
- Add a little more water if gravy is too thick.
- Drop in the reserved tomato pieces and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the first milk and swirl the dish around till it is well mixed.
- Keep for just a minute longer on the fire and remove.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a single sprig of mint.
- Serve with plain rice or thickly sliced fresh bread.