- 2 lbs fresh fish 900 g
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp salt 5 ml
- ½ tsp black pepper 2 ml
- 2 tsp comino 10 ml
- 1 tbsp cooking oil 15 ml
- 1 tbsp lime juice 15 ml
- 2 tbsp yellow ginger 30 ml
- habanero pepper (pierced)
- 1 pint of water 500ml
- Scale, clean and wash fish with lime juice.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Use half the amount of salt and pepper to season fish.
- Brown onions and yellow ginger in a large frying pan or pot with vegetables oil.
- Place the fish in pot or frying pan.
- Add water, lime juice, comino, rest of black pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.