Fish Tacos II
- Heat the oil in a pan to 375 degrees, or use a deep fat fryer.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Cut the fillets lengthwise into 2 ounce portions and coat them in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the tortillas in the oil 3 to 5 seconds per side, just to soften and heat through.
- Fry the fish until it begins to flake and has browned, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place one piece of fish in a tortilla, and garnish with shredded green cabbage, diced tomato, and diced California avocado.
- Serve with refried beans, Spanish rice, lime wedge and zesty guacamole.
Zesty Guacamole Preparation
- Seed, peel and coarsely mash the California avocados.
- Add remaining ingredients.