Fish and Greens
- 1 fish, filleted into serving size pieces
- ⅓ cup palm oil (or peanut oil or any cooking oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound spinach leaves, cleaned (or collards, kale, or similar, cleaned, chopped, and blanched)
- canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- cayenne pepper, red pepper, or African Hot Sauce (to taste)
- In deep pan, fry the fish in the oil.
- Add the garlic and onion.
- Reduce heat and simmer until onions are clear.
- Add water. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spinach. (If other greens are used they should be blanched ahead of time.)
- Season to taste.
- Simmer until all is done.
- Serve with Baton de manioc / Chikwangue, Fufu, or rice.