Fish and Vegetable Stew
- Cut the fish up into sections.
- Prepare a stuffing by grinding 1 onion, the parsley and 1 chile in a mortar; season with salt; make an opening in each piece of fish and insert a small amount of the stuffing (the stuffing is optional).
- In a pot, brown the pieces of fish in peanut oil; remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and crushed tomatoes thinned with a little water; bring to a boil.
- Add the peeled vegetables, whole or halved depending on their size, and the dried fish, cut into pieces.
- Cover with water; season with salt and pepper; simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish and continue cooking for 30 minutes longer over low heat.
- 40 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cook the rice.