- ½ lb beef, cubed
- ½ lb pork, cubed
- ½ lb lamb, cubed
- ½ lb mild Italian sausage
- ½ lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, roasted seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 cans kidney beans (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot brown meat in stages about a ¼ at a time.
- Remove meat and add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add meat, tomato juice, and ½ the spices.
- Cook about 1 hour and add the tomato sauce and the rest of the spices.
- Let simmer about 2 hours and add the beans and simmer about 30 more minutes, then enjoy.