Flatbread with Onions and Mustard Seeds
Thanks to purchased frozen dough, this bread is a snap to make. Serve it with soups, salads and pastas.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 flatbread.
- 1 pound frozen white bread dough (⅓ of 3-pound package), thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- Place dough in large bowl. Cover with towel and let rise in warm draft-free area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat Oven to 450°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add mustard, mustard seeds and thyme and stir 1 minute. Cool.
- Oil a large baking sheet.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on floured surface to 14x5-inch rectangle.
- Spread ⅓ cup onion mixture evenly over dough.
- Starting at 1 short end, roll up dough jelly roll style.
- Using rolling pin, roll out dough to 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle remaining onion mixture atop dough.
- Bake bread until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.