French Guianese Salara Cake
- Beat eggs, add water, sugar, oil, salt and yeast to 4 cups of flour.
- Mix flour with liquid and add more flour while kneading.
- Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Punch down let rise again for 20 minutes.
- Mix the coconut, sugar essence, food coloring and 4 tbsp water in a pot.
- Boil until dry.
- Roll out the dough and add coconut filling on top.
- Spread evenly over dough.
- Starting at one end, roll up the dough into load.
- Leave to rise for 3¼ hours.
- Bake at 350°F for ½ hour until light brown.
- Take out of oven and paint pancake syrup on top.