French Toast with Cinnamon Sugar
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- thick slices of white bread or any bread you prefer
- 6 eggs (large are good)
- enough milk to fill your bowl half full (1%, 2%, whole or skim milk)
- sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- real maple syrup
- butter or cooking spray for griddle
- Preheat griddle pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla together until you get a golden yellow mixture.
- Add sliced bread one at a time and soak until completely covered but not falling apart.
- Place each slice on the buttered or cooking sprayed griddle and cook until golden on each side.
- As each slice comes off the griddle, sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.