Fried Sweet Balls
- Place cottage cheese and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour beating well
- Preheat the oil until hot.
- Shape the dough mixture into balls with a spoon and fry in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp. You will probably have to do this in batches.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring then continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- To serve – transfer the balls to a serving dish and drizzle the syrup over the top.