Frozen Christmas Pudding
- Serves 8
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup currants
- ¼ cup glace cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup mixed peel
- ¼ cup fruit juice or other liquid
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- ½ cup cream
- 1 liter chocolate ice cream
- Combine fruit with fruit juice or other liquid and spices.
- Cover and allow to stand overnight.
- Mix together soaked fruits, almonds, cream and ice cream.
- Pour into a large mold and cover with foil.
- Freeze until firm, for at least one week to allow flavour to develop.
- Unmold by quickly dipping into hot water and inverting onto serving plate.