Frozen Margarita Pie
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 8 prepared graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet lime gelatin
- 1 cup liquid margarita mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 drops green food coloring
- ⅓ cup tequila
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- lime slices for garnishing
- Place graham cracker crust in freezer while making filling.
- Place water in a bowl and microwave on high until boiling.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl whisk margarita mix, sugar, food coloring and tequila until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in gelatin mixture until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1½ cups of the whipped topping.
- Whisk the remaining topping into the margarita mixture for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill 3 hours.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and let set for 10 minutes then spoon reserve topping into center of pie.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group