This is a really lovely springtime meal. I prefer to use rosemary on its own rather than herbes de Provence. This is lovely with rice, but I prefer it with couscous.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the herbs.
- Peel and finely chop garlic and onions.
- Chop the courgettes, cut the peppers in half and remove seeds and white pith.
- Cut into wide strips.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan, and fry the chicken for 8 minutes.
- Turn and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm add remaining oil, onions, garlic, peppers and courgette to the pan.
- Cook until vegetables soften.
- Add tomatoes with the juice, and season.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the freshly chopped parsley and put the chicken on top.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, garnish with basil and serve.