Garden Vegetable and Pasta Salad
- From: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 6 servings and about ⅓ cup of vinaigrette
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ½-inch slices
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, steamed, cooled
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed, cooled
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz fettuccine or linguine, cooked, room temperature
- basil vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh, or 2 tsp dried, basil leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Spray both sides of eggplant with cooking spray; arrange on cooking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Combine eggplant, remaining vegetables, and fettucine in large bowl; pour basil vinaigrette over and toss.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix all ingredients; refrigerate until serving time.
- Mix again before using.
Per serving (⅙ of recipe):
- 202 Calories | 6g Fat | 8.3mg Cholesterol | 282mg Sodium | 8.5g Protein | 31.5g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | 1½ bread/starch | 1 fat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/