German Potato Salad I
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bailey Estate in Roanoke, Texas in 1984. Notation on card indicates this is a family favorite that goes back at least 3 generations. Dated 1934. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ pound mild sausage
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water.
- Add the salt and olive oil and cook until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a hot skillet.
- Add the onions and cook until they just start to brown.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until the sausage is browned.
- Remove sausage from the pan.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar and white wine vinegar.
- Put this mixture in the skillet the sausage was cooked in.
- Set heat to medium and cook sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Add the sausage and potatoes and toss until all of the potatoes are coated with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group