|German potato salad
German Potato Salad   is usually served warm and is more sour than other potato salads.
- 2 pounds waxy potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, monced
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- chopped parsley or chives to garnish
- In salted water boil potatoes until tender.
- Cook bacon.
- Cook in the bacon fat; the onions and celery.
- Include the dill pickle in the pan to cook and achieve a golden cover.
- In a separate pan combine the water (or chicken broth), cider vinegar, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, heat to boil.
- In a large pan combine all of the ingredients with the potatoes, gently folding together.
- Serve warm and garnish with the parsley (or chives).